Need some quick Holiday crochet ideas! I love fingerless gloves just for that purpose, quick gifts that you can whip up in a jiff! Now you can make more complicated patterns with complicated stitches too, and those are fabulous, but if you’re checking over the gift list and find you’re missing someone, these are a great, fashionable, and popular item! Kids and adults love them! So here are a few I have found in the CLF projects on Ravelry.com. Not all of them have patterns, but we have several GORGEOUS patterns in the CLF First Ever Book, which is only $9.99 as a pdf download off our website 😀 Or you can hunt for patterns on Ravelry! Tons of them there 😀 Enjoy the inspiration! Click on the photos to view the project page on Ravelry.com!!
So many kinds of fingerless gloves…HECK just go check out the wonderful projects listed JUST in the CLF HQ group on Ravelry.com! It’s amazing!!!
I am going to make a brief departure from our regularly scheduled posting about cool and quick holiday crochet gifts, and make a nice suggestion list for those who will gift US!
Over the years my husband has been very supportive of my hooking and yarn and fiber and wheel habit, some of his gifts to me have included:
- Handturned crochet hooks (made by him)
- Handturned Nostepinnes (made by him)
- A rocking chair…yeah it’s crochet equipment, I sit in it to spin and to crochet 😉 (he made that too, yes I know I’m lucky!)
- A hook holder
- An Ott light because I asked for it. (Though I don’t like it, it’s not real light spectrum, it’s a blue spectrum light and that doesn’t work for my eyeballs.)
- Light up crochet hooks, cause dang it they are too cool and can second as mini light sabers.
- Several wads of cash to go buy yarn (as a present, not me just buying it).
So other than these nifty ideas I thought to make a list for you to give your Significant Other, Partner, Mom, Dad, Uncles/Aunts, Kids, Cousins, Friends, and co-workers.
- Gift Certificates to craft supply stores or better yet your Local Yarn Store ( If they are nice)
- Funky tape measures, yarn cutters, scissors, and stitch markers for crochet
- Yarn bag
- Plastic totes for yarn storage
- Shelving for tote storage
- Under the bed boxes for yarn storage
- Cool crochet hook sets
- Books: of course there is always our CLF First Ever Book, but there are others out there too! Everything from Amigurumi to How to’s. A favorite of mine is Lily Chin’s “Crochet Tips & Tricks”, it’s invaluable! For the crocheter with everything, how about Mary Beth Temple’s lasted offering, Hooked for Life; Confessions of a Crochet Zealot” it’s a great read, lots of fun, and I don’t know a crocheter that won’t identify with one or more of the chapters!
- Subscriptions to your favorite crochet magazines are another great suggestion!
- How about a membership to the CGOA?
- How about signing you up for the Crochet @ Cama Retreat in 2010 sponsored by the CLF? Registration opens Dec. 31, so they can just make you a little card saying “Yeah! sign up for that!”
Any other good ideas for gifting US? Leave them in a reply here!
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Amazon.com, Christmas Gifts, Crochet, crochet books, crochet hooks, crocheting, Fiber Arts, getting loopy., gift ideas, Gifting ideas, Gifts for Crafters, Gifts for Her, Gifts for Him, holiday gifts, Lily Chin, Mary Beth Temple, Yarn bags, Yarn Totes
Not all recipients of our gift giving are into clothes, or cuddlies. Some of them may be into objet d’art!
CLF member bizzielizzie made this gorgeous piece using her free form skills!
It’s amazing what we can do as crocheters with found objects, and scrap yarn! Pull out your stitch dictionary and play!! Pretty bobbles, stitch markers (especially those pretty ones made for the other needle art!) and buttons make great embellishments in our work!
This is definately an idea for those hard to buy for folks on our holiday gift giving list!